Teeth Whitening, Dental Implants, Veneers
From routine cleanings and fillings to bruxism devices, Mark M. Johnston, D.D.S. is equipped to handle all your dental needs. To help you understand your options, we've included descriptions of some of our leading services on this page.
- Cosmetic Contouring
- Cosmetic Dentures
- Cosmetic Fillings
- Root Canal Therapy
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Sleep Apnea
- Nitrous Oxide - Laughing Gas
I feel that you should have dental examinations and care at regular intervals. Preventative care is the best treatment because it is usually easier and less costly than if treatment is delayed.
We recommend children start their visits once they have all their teeth usually at about three years of age.
An adult should have regular examinations and cleaning, on a schedule tailored to their needs.
Patients with complete upper and lower dentures need to have their mouths examined every year to make sure their denture fits properly and to have the American Cancer Society soft tissue screening examination to diagnose any problems that may exist while in the early and treatable stage.
Whether you're a high school senior or a senior citizen, the smile of your dreams is within reach. There's so much that can be done these days to enhance the appeal of a smile. From powerful, professional whitening treatments to amazingly realistic porcelain veneers to state-of-the-art dental implants, there's a wide range of exciting possibilities for men and women of any age. At our office, you'll get the best modern dentistry has to offer!
Our Cosmetic Dentistry services include:
- Cosmetic Bonding, to repair small chips or cracks
- Cosmetic Gum Surgery, to frame your teeth beautifully
- Crowns & Bridgework, to replace large amounts of lost tooth structure and/or missing teeth
- Dental Implants, for the longest-lasting tooth replacement available today
- Inlays & Onlays, to fill teeth with larger cavities
- Invisalign® Clear Aligners, for highly discreet orthodontic treatment
- Orthodontic Treatment, to move teeth into the right position
- Porcelain Veneers, for repairing larger chips and cracks, and reshaping teeth
- Removable Dentures, to help you smile again
- Teeth Whitening, to brighten a faded or discolored smile
- Tooth-Colored Fillings, for a completely natural, healthy look
- Tooth Contouring & Reshaping, for a pleasing tooth shape
We also offer:
- Oral Cancer Screenings, to detect disease at a curable stage
- Periodontal (Gum) Disease Therapy, to prevent tooth loss
- Professional Teeth Cleanings, to maintain good oral health
- Root Canal Treatment, to save an infected tooth
- Sealants, to protect children's teeth from decay
- TMJ/TMD Treatment, for chronic jaw pain
- Tooth Extractions, when a tooth is hopelessly damaged or decayed
If you are missing one or more teeth, dental implants offer the comfort and security of a permanent replacement that looks and functions just like your natural teeth. Dental implants also help preserve the tooth-supporting bone in your jaw that deteriorates when even one tooth is lost.
- About Dental Implants
- Bone Grafting for Dental Implants
- Frequently Asked Questions About Dental Implants
- Hidden Consequences of Losing Teeth
- Top Reasons to Choose Dental Implants
Emergency Dental Treatment
If you have a life-threatening or severe injury, call 911 or go directly to the nearest hospital emergency room. We can treat a variety of traumatic dental injuries, including teeth that have been chipped, moved, or knocked out entirely. Please call our office for assistance.
We offer a home bleaching system you take with you for results in 2 weeks. This includes custom bleach trays made just for you. We also provide you with a Venus Start-Up Kit.
Crowns and Veneers
You can have a new smile with all-porcelain crowns on the anterior teeth. For the posterior, we use porcelain fused to metal.
Tooth-colored filings that are light cures to match your teeth. Amalgam: Silver-colored filings, more durable material.
We perform root canals on anterior and premolar teeth.
You should have a standard cleaning at least twice a year. A periodontal treatment includes an Adult Prophy (basic cleaning). If it has been over a year since your last cleaning, possible treatment will include either Periodontal Scaling (deeper) or Root Planning and Scaling (requires anesthetic).
Whether you are an athlete or casual sports participant, you should wear a mouth guard to protect your teeth. If you grind your teeth while you sleep, a bite guard will help reduce symptoms of TMJ. We custom make mouth guards in both soft and hard materials.
Removable Dental Prosthesis
For missing teeth, we can make dentures or removable partials for you.